4 Strangers awoke in a mass grave alongside a deceased young woman. Each stranger had lost their memory and yet all of your clothes and weapons remained and Maku had found a strange cracked compass around his neck. As you struggled to break free, the earth shattered beneath you and everyone tumbled into the middle of a Gnoll ritual cockfight (pretty par for the course). A ritual that had taken place in the ancient catacombs of the Fomorians (Evil Purple Giants).
After defeating them and forcing your way to the surface, battling mushroom monsters and all, you met with a Dark One named Phrex. He seemed a bit surprised to see you alive. He claimed you had failed and “she” was coming to replace you and then POOF, he disappeared. It seems you were not as nice as you think you were.
You made your way to Fellbrook and found it had been completely destroyed by what you can’t be sure. There you met Clarice and her guards (including Fenzin the Rippling). She told you of the Angel and what had happened to Timber Town and now Fellbrook. She claims that you had met them before and promised to solve the problem then, although you were much different back then. You returned her deceased sister Nina and agreed to travel to Hallows Hill, one of the last few towns left. On your way you felt the crippling pains inside your head and knew something must be wrong. After asking further questions, you were told the story of Eldric’s Hallow. How a great wizard, Eldric Fellentear arrived to these war torn lands and sought to end the land’s suffering after decades of decay caused by the Fomorians and their brutal campaign. He found a powerful evil in the Memorin forest and turned its own power against it, thus creating the Memorin root. With the root and some surprising power, Eldric managed to bring the memory of a once glorious land back to the very dry and decayed soil itself. Beautiful lush trees grew from desert, waters flowed down from the mountain once more, and people returned to this new land, now called: Eldric’s Hallow.
Once you arrived at Hallows Hill, you explored the town at great length:
- You met Teddy of Teddy’s Trinkets, so called salesman and knower of all things magic……although he seems a bit off and not so knowledgeable. He claims to have found you dead. He may have borrowed some gold. To repay you, he passed along a lucky pebble to each of you.
- You shared a drink with Sarah at The Lightweights Tavern, eyes and ears of the town. You met a few drunks. One had been crying for days, wallowing in the sorrow of his dead father. Another retold his story and escape from Fellbrook and how he could hear and see the bright light of the Angel before it destroyed the town.
- You met some town royalty, Catherine Laurel and her butler, Wesley. She was caring for her sick husband Matthew, brother of playboy Festin Laurel who occasionally frequents the Snuggle Inn.
- You stayed the night at the Snuggle Inn and met a whimsical gremlin you’ve named “Gremlish” (the language of his people). He returned the gold he had stole (which you returned….eventually to a poor and very drunk man) and Gremlish also mentioned the “Treasure of Satinshire”. He also revealed that you were once and still are known as the “Four Feathers”, a powerful group feared across the lands (he may have soiled himself). He performed one final incantation on you for your kindness, then vanished.
- You met with Clarice and realized the only way to protect the memories of Hallow’s Hill and stop the memory pain, was to retrieve some Memorin root at the source, the Memorin Forest….Temple of the Silent Statues.
You traveled to the Memorin Forest and made it inside the sacred temple through a series of “memory challenges”. After confronting your past fears, you battled the ancient Ustilagor (or should I say completely obliterated) and retrieved Eldric’s powerful Bastard Sword, the “Mindcrusher”. You gathered up the root and left the temple.
On the way out….things got weird. Time froze for almost all of you, a white 4 armed creature stepped out revealing a strange color wheel only speaking in whistles. When you tried to take it, it freaked out and vanished….wtf
You returned to town and boiled the root, creating 30 vials of Memorin Root to be distributed. You took some yourself and the mental pain left you. You took some of the seeds to the outskirts of town to plant them for safe keeping…..just in case. As you returned to town you ran into a very frantic Max CastIron, the local blacksmith. He had lost his boy, Jacob after he ran into the West Willows to find his lost dog. After further investigation it seems that MANY pets had gone missing in the West Willows recently. So you took action and ventured in finding some tracks leading to a large cave. After entering you find a hidden chamber that spiraled down into the earth, close to the foot of Eldric’s Peak. In the chamber were Draconic markings….possibly the workings of Kobolds. A strange blood trail spiraled out in front of you leading down a dark hallway. Instead of following it, you moved to a room on the right and found yourself face to face with an OwlBear! You battled bravely and were victorious.
Now you stand in the OwlBear’s chambers. Wounded. Without rest. And in the underground chamber of something that has taken to keeping an OwlBear as its pet…….